Recently, I saw a man, and his face looked like it was made of bronze with the flexibility of normal skin. I don't mean it was a bronze-like colour or anything, it literally looked like bronze. It even seemed reflective to an extent. It really was fascinating. Another feature that only added to the peculiarity of the head, was the complete lack of visible hair, anywhere on the head. I did not notice eyebrows either. I have seen my fair share of tanned people, people with various skin colours from all around the world, but this was something quite different. Somewhere in between normal and Talos. There was nothing to indicate that this man was anything other than European, so I cannot really say what the origin of this unusual skin tone is (though being Dutch, there's a chance that his parents/grandparents/etc... were from Suriname).
I generally find it interesting to observe people (and things, also), and I always have. More recently, this has become important for my story-writing, since correct and detailed descriptions of various things and people are very important in most cases. This does not mean that every little details should be described for every single object or person (since some stuff should be left to the imagination), but doing so should be possible if necessary. And that kind of stuff is best put in the "accompanying notes" for the story, in case further work is made on the story. Consistency is important.
The observation is something I do well, and without really thinking about it. What I need to work on, is putting my observations down on paper (or the screen) and wording them properly (in a way that other people might have a chance of understanding). Therefore, with this goal in mind, I am planning on writing several descriptions of people (or parts thereof) as I encounter (or create) them. Description of activities and objects seems to be easier for me, so I will, for the moment at least, focus on people.
No comments:
Post a Comment